APA has been providing quality dance education to children and young adults for over 15 years and are proud to be affiliated with More Than Just Great Dancing™. As a Safer Studio™, we believe that dance should be safe, educational and fun. We are committed to giving your child the best dance experience possible and our Tech-Enabled™ studio allows classes to be streamed online directly from our studio, while in-person classes are in session. Our goal is to develop happy and healthy dancers!
CURRENT STATUS: Operating with Modification
MASK POLICY: RECOMMENDED BUT NOT REQUIRED (full details below)
Modifications in class capacity and curriculum material have been made with great care to ensure our return to in-person classes is as safe as possible, with options for families to continue dancing at home.
- Lobby closed to visitors (parents are allowed to pick up and drop off students ages 7 and younger)
- Parents with dancers ages 7 and younger – classes will be live-streamed for you to view because of the closed lobby. ***Students in ages 7 and older classes, will not be live-streamed.
- Classes shortened by 5 minutes to allow disinfecting, hand hygiene, and social distancing in-class transitions
- Social distancing in classes by marked spots on the floor in studio rooms
- Water fountains disconnected
- Additional cleaning and disinfecting
- Face masks are recommended but not required!
- Added hand sanitizer stations at each entrance, required hand hygiene at entry to building for all students and staff
- Students and staff are required to stay home if they show any flu-like symptoms, a fever of 100.4 or greater, or if they have been exposed to someone with COVID-19. There is no negative consequence for students or staff staying home for these reasons.️
I’m so proud that since March of 2020 we have worked tirelessly to execute our Safer Studio™ plan, implementing numerous Covid-19 protocols quickly and smoothly, and keeping the safety and wellbeing of our students and staff always at the forefront of every decision. Thanks to our team’s dedication we have experienced only a .001% occurrence of Covid cases, out of tens of thousands of visits to the studio, since reopening in-person classes in June of 2020. Vaccines are now widely available, Wisconsin’s Covid positivity rates are declining, and city, county, and local mandates are lightening or lifting. The CDC issued new guidelines which state that fully vaccinated individuals can feel safe without a mask regardless of location, activity, or crowd size. It is after thoughtful consideration of these factors that we make the following announcement:
As of July 5th, APA will be transitioning from a policy of mask requirement to a policy of mask recommendation. All programs from July 5 onward (barring any significant changes in the progress of the pandemic) will be mask optional.
Our studio staff that have been vaccinated will also have this option. Any APA staff members that have NOT been vaccinated will continue to wear masks. Although the studio will no longer temperature check staff as of July 5, we will continue to self-monitor for symptoms of any kind and stay home if ill. Covid-positive staff members and students will still be expected to quarantine until they are out of the CDC recommended isolation window. We continue to ask that any student exhibiting cold and flu symptoms or that has immediate family members exhibiting cold and flu symptoms to please stay home.
Please note: we reserve the right to contact parents to immediately pick up their student if the student comes to class exhibiting cold and flu symptoms. We will continue to do our best to keep all of our students and staff as healthy and safe as possible.
Although many of us will feel relieved to read this announcement, many also will feel concerned about returning to a pre-Covid lifestyle and may choose to continue wearing their mask. Some dancers and musicians may be contending with additional health problems, might have a particularly vulnerable family member at home, or they might simply choose to wear their mask—the studio warmly welcomes each family to make the choice that is right for them.
We continue to encourage the same kindness and generosity which you have shown since the very beginning, and which makes us so proud to call you “our” dancers and musicians. Thank you for your continued support!