What a great start to the New Year! Congratulations to everyone on a successful Lakefront Dance Classic! We are looking forward to the great competitions we have coming up in the next few months.
Calendar of Events: This will always be displayed at the end of every newsletter. Make sure to scroll to the bottom to view important upcoming dates. CLICK HERE.
Required Competition Kick Off Lock-In / Bonding Event AND Mandatory Parent Meeting: Please save the date February 15th – 16th. Times are outlined below. PreTeam and Mini Hip Hop will not sleep over. Parent meeting will be at 8am on Saturday, February 16th.
- PreTeam and Mini Hip Hop: 6:30-8pm ONLY with Miss Jessie, Miss Alyse and Pre-Team/Mini Hip Hop assistants. We will serve pizza and juice.
- All other teams: Arrive at 8pm
- What to bring: Pillow and sleeping bag or blankets, PJ’s, change of clothes and hygiene items (dance clothes and shoes are not needed for this one), refillable water bottles (we’d like to reduce the waste with half-drank plastic water bottles). Optional: money for vending machine snacks
- APA will be providing soda and pizza when students arrive. We will also provide muffins and fruit for the morning when students wake up.
- Activities for the night: Play games, watch a movie, and “sleep.” There is an early sleepers’ room so dancers can go to bed at a decent hour if they need and/or want to.
- Mandatory Parent Meeting will start at 8am on Saturday morning in Studio B1/B2. Dancers are encouraged to stay as well, unless they have class or assisting responsibilities. Due to limited number of chairs and benches, dancers will need to sit on the floor. This meeting will go over what to expect for the competition season and answer your questions about what it’s like, how information will be put out, etc.
Save the Dates:
TEAM BANQUET: THURSDAY May 30th at the Oak Creek Community Center.
TEAM AUDITIONS: May 18th and May 19th. More details to come in the March and April newsletters. Sunday, May 19th is also our music recital but we will correspond times to avoid conflicts as best as we can.
APA Student of the Month – Competitive Team Dancer: Congratulations to Olivia Rick, our Team Dancer of the month. Olivia is in 4th grade at Pleasant View Elementary School, where she enjoys science. When she grows up she hopes to be a nurse. Her favorite color is blue. Olivia’s favorite app is the Harry Potter, Hogwarts Mystery app and her favorite song is Hedwig’s Theme. Her favorite dessert is Lava Cake and her favorite food is goldfish. Olivia’s personal hero is Misty Copeland. Olivia has been dancing for 5 years and has been on APA Competitive Teams for 2 years. Her favorite style of dance is Jazz. Her best dance memory is getting 1st place at a competition. She said dance has taught her posture and to be unique. Olivia was nominated by all of the Team coaches. Olivia is always prepared for class and is consistently making the effort to improve her technique. She is a fun, hard worker. She does a great job with her choreography and encourages and helps her teammates with any questions. She definitely practices at home! Her smile is infectious to those in class and in the audience. Her kindness towards others makes those around her feel welcome and included. Keep dancing your heart out Olivia, you make us all smile with every class and performance.
- Solo, Duo, Trio and Small Group entry fees are due Monday, 2/4/19. Please pay by cash or check prior to 2/1/19 to avoid a 3% service fee that will be charged if we use your account on file or a credit card (this includes checking accounts).
- Production Team ONLY – Rehearsal is on February 23rd from 8am – 11am. Please note the TIME CHANGE. We are adding an hour because this will not only be a dress rehearsal with full costume but also navigating props!
- Team Kick Off Lock In: February 15th and 16th. Please see details above
- Mandatory Parent Meeting: February 16th, 8am. At the Oak Creek Location
- Legacy Dance Competition: March 8th-10th All Teams. Legacy Competition in New Berlin. It is at the West Performing Arts Center. 18695 W Cleveland Ave, New Berlin, WI
- KAR Dance Competition: March 15th -17th – Rialto Square Theatre, 15 E. Van Buren St, Joliet, IL =
APA All Families Announcements
NEW Online Nimbly Dancewear Store: Shop online with us for all your Revolution Dancewear needs! This does not include APA logo wear. Buy leotards, shoes, tights and more and get them shipped directly to your home. Perfect for when grandma and grandpa want to buy gifts!! Click here to order today!
Logo Wear for Sale: You can place orders from our online store from the 1st-10th of each month. We do not have these items available at the studio. All orders will take 3-4 weeks after the store closing date and will be shipped for free to APA. We will notify you when your items are available for pick-up. Click here to order!
“Spread the Love” APA Family and Staff Appreciation Week: We are so grateful to have you and your family as a part of the APA family. We will be celebrating our great parents/guardians, staff and students during the month of February! Parents and students will receive special treats and we invite you to help celebrate our staff members by writing on a paper heart that we’ll hang in our lobby. For full details, please CLICK HERE.
License Plate Winner: Congrats to license plate 322-FVP. One of our staff members spotted your Academy window sticker while driving! Please contact the front desk so we know who you are and you will receive a $50 tuition credit. To participate, grab a FREE window sticker at the desk!
Spring Dance Showcase Information –
Showcase Times are available for recreational classes on February 15th! We will have one show on Friday, June 14th and five shows on Saturday, June 15th. Technique and competitive classes will be announced in May before tickets go on sale.
Rehearsal Times: Due to South Milwaukee Middle School Graduation being held at South Milwaukee PAC on Wednesday, June 12th we have rescheduled Wednesday’s rehearsal to be on Monday June 10th (this is different than what is listed on your APA calendar). ***Students that have dance class on Monday, June 10th will have their last class on Wednesday, June 12th at APA during their normal class time. Rehearsals will be held at the South Milwaukee PAC on Monday, June 10th, Tuesday, June 11th & Thursday, June 13th.
**Purchase a Happy Gram for your dancer in our Spring Showcase – Click here! Deadline is April 1st!
Program books are available at the desk to see an example!
**Earn Tuition credit! Students may sell Business Ads for the Spring Showcase Programs and earn tuition credit, win a free summer class or win tuition FREE for one year!! Click here to see the order forms to give to businesses. Hurry– Deadline is April 1st!
Please remember it is very hard for us to get siblings to perform together because we have 6 different showcase times. We run an enrollment report from families that register prior to June 15th and TRY to prioritize in the order that you register.