General information for all APA families!
On our website, we have a “members only” section. Here you will be able to view your transaction history, enrollment, contacts, etc. If you have a question about your auto-pay account, please check your account first before you call. If you do not know your password, our system will email you a temporary password.
We hand out the Academy Calendar in September. If you did not receive one, we keep extra copies in our lobby. Or you can view and download it here.
Dance Class Attendance and Tardiness:
The studio reserves the right to have students who come late sit out and watch – warm-up is done right at the beginning and if dancers are not properly warmed up and stretched, they can severely hurt themselves.
If your child is sick for a group class, you do not need to call in to let us know unless their absence means they will have been gone 2 or more consecutive weeks. This policy does not apply to our Competitive Teams. If you miss a group dance class, feel free to attend any open GROUP class we offer for your age group for a make-up. This is not required.
Music Class Attendance:
Please notify APA of a music student’s absence at least 12 hours in advance of the student’s regular lesson time. Makeup lessons are not guaranteed. But typically students may receive up to 2 makeup lessons per semester (Fall, Spring, & Summer) if certain criteria are met. Please see our full Music Lesson Makeup Policy here.
After Class Pick Up / Safety:
The safety of all of our students at APA is very important to us. Please make sure a parent or guardian is present at the end of every class to pick up your student. Your child is unsupervised and we cannot be responsible for them after their class has ended. Transition periods between classes can be very hectic and we want to make sure every student is safe and taken care of.
Extreme Weather/Snow Days:
APA will make an executive decision by 3:00 pm on weekdays, 8:00 am Saturdays if the studio will remain open during inclement weather. We will list our closing on FOX 6 News, our Facebook page, Text Messaging (Text APA to 414-240-8458 to be added to our Texting Community), and we’ll also send out an email if we are closed.
Automatic Tuition Withdrawal Details:
All tuition payments are charged to the credit card or bank account you put on file with us.
Charges will happen on the 15th of every month to pre-pay for the upcoming month.
Your first month’s tuition is required to hold your spot and our auto-pay will start on September 15th to pre-pay for October’s tuition.
To withdraw from any classes a parent or guardian must complete and sign a withdrawal form provided by the front desk by the 14th of the previous month to discontinue any classes or private lessons.
If you do NOT notify us by the 14th of the previous month, tuition will be charged on the 15th and cannot be refunded. All withdrawals require a 2-week notice.
If you are unhappy with the class you are in, please remember it may not be too late to switch the style of class you are enrolled in – we want to make sure your child is happy and enjoying his/her class!
We host 2 optional performances, held at the Oak Creek Salvation Army, for all our music students in December and May. Detailed information will be provided in our monthly newsletters. Recitals are free to students who participate and there are no spectator fees! All music students will receive a makeup/drop policy form – if you did not receive one, please ask your teacher!
All dancers are invited to participate in our optional Winter Showcase in December and Spring Showcase in June. Detailed information will be provided in our monthly newsletters. Please see the front desk for more information on how many dances per showcase all of our Combo Classes will do (this includes Ballet/Tap Combos for 1st Grade and Under).
All regular dance classes will only participate in one show per showcase and will use the same costume for Winter and Spring.
Costumes will be charged on September 27th with your automatic withdrawal tuition payment method. If you register after September 27th, please talk to the front desk. Recreational Dance Costume Fees: Grades 1st and Under: $65, Grades 2-5th: $73, Grades 4th and Up + Leveled Classes: $78 (prices do not include tax). None of our costumes are custom fit, alterations would be at your expense.
Additional Dance Info:
– Our dress code is available here.
– Dancers can store their belongings inside the classrooms, in our cubbies.
– Make sure to bring a bottle of water and use the bathroom before class as we do not take bathroom/drink breaks. If a student needs to use the restroom during class, they should tell their teacher.
– Parents of students that are 1st grade and younger are asked to stay on the property, especially if your child is not potty trained. Parents are more than welcome to stay and watch classes through our observation windows, but are not required for Grades 2nd and up!
– Dance shoes should only be worn inside the classroom. Please do not let your dancer wear these outside.
– If your dancer needs to change to accommodate the dress code before class, please use our restrooms.
– We have teacher biographies available in a binder in our lobby, and on our website. We also have class assistants for Grades 1st & Under if there are more than 5 students inside of the classroom. Our class assistants are members of our Competitive Teams.
– If your child does not like the class they registered for, feel free to try another group class or style to see if it is a better fit for your child!
– Our Academy also offers Competitive Teams with auditions held in May for the following year. If your student is interested, please email our Team Coordinator [email protected] for details.
Additional Music Info:
– Every student is required to bring their own instrument to every lesson except for piano and voice students.
– Guitar Rentals: Teachers recommend that clients purchase/rent a guitar. Younger students would want a youth guitar.
– Violin Rentals: Teachers recommend that clients rent a violin rather than purchase one if their student is young. Children can grow out of instruments quickly and rentals can be traded in for larger sizes.
– Students are required to bring their books to every lesson; APA sells books to students.
– Practice Time: Talk to your child’s specific teacher to find out exactly how often to practice and what to practice. Most teachers recommend practicing every day.
– Parents are recommended to attend lessons with their student if they are younger than 6 years old. That said, it is not always necessary to attend every lesson. Please ask your child’s specific teacher to find out if they would like you to attend every lesson.
– Students’ success is dependent on parent involvement, especially for young students. It is very helpful when students are monitored by their parents when practicing. Talk to your child’s specific teacher about how to practice. But, here are some general practice tips!