The Academy of Performing Arts © 2023 – All Rights Reserved
Welcome to APA's Theatre Performance page! Learn more about what it means to participate in an APA Theatre Production, and see what performances we have on the way!
Elf Jr APA Official Fall 2023 Musical!
An APA production for performers aged 6-18! Based on the beloved holiday film, this hilarious fish-out-of-water comedy follows Buddy the Elf in his quest to find his true identity. This modern-day holiday classic is sure to make every young performer embrace his or her “inner elf” with plenty of large ensemble numbers featuring elves and (New Yorkers) of every type. The performance in December will be sure to get everyone in the holiday spirit!
Performance Date: December 8th & 9th, 2023, 6-7pm, @ South Milwaukee Performing Arts Center
Performance Tickets: Tickets will cost $15 per ticket and will go on sale on Monday, October 9th at 10am by visiting https://29869.danceticketing.com/.
About APA Productions:
Why choose APA drama and musical theatre courses?
– The Theatre arts is a great way for kids to meet new people with similar interests.
– Being in a group where everyone contributes and is supportive of sharing ideas can positively affect your child’s Creativity, Personal Development Social Development
– Performance options: While all students participate in exercises and games, when planning upcoming events, your budding thespian will be able to explore both aspects of putting on a show:
- Performer: There are no small parts! Each student will have the opportunity to put their skills into action by performing monologues and skits for APA events, or sharing short video of material they’ve written and performed for their family and friends.
- Behind the scenes: Theatre students will learn technical theatre skills and can gain valuable experience learning director, writer, and stage manager roles, as well as using their artistic skills to work on sets and stage makeup. Their art shines just as bright as a performer’s!
What to Expect From An APA Production AUDITION:
– In APA’s musical theatre programs all enrolled students will be cast in a role.
– Larger shows require an audition- which would include performing a short song, reading from the script, and learning a short dance routine.
– We recommend signing up early, as slots fill up quickly.
The Academy of Performing Arts (APA) is the largest performing arts school in Metro Milwaukee! We offer group dance, music, and theatre (drama/acting) classes to students ages 2-18, as well as private music lessons for students of any age! Our performing arts academy has two locations! Find us in Oak Creek and Franklin, Wisconsin. The Academy of Performing Arts has been in business since 2005, and is on a mission to build happy, healthy, responsible kids – through arts education. See you on the stage!