Thanksgiving is a time to give thanks for all of our blessings. It’s a time to gather with family, eat delicious food, and enjoy each other’s company. But for many families, it can also be a time when things can get a little chaotic! With all of the cooking, cleaning, and celebrating that goes on, it can be tough to keep the kids entertained.
But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! Here are 5 fun and easy Thanksgiving activities that the whole family will enjoy. These activities are not only entertaining, but they also teach kids the meaning of the holiday and how important it is to be grateful for what we have.
- A Scavenger Hunt for Everyone: Hide Thanksgiving-themed items or printable themed photos around your house or yard and send your family on a hunt! As they find each item, have them express one thing they’re thankful for this season. This is a great way to get the whole family moving and thinking about all the good things in their life!
- A Thankful Turkey: On a poster board, draw or trace the body of a turkey. Using construction paper, have each family member create a paper turkey feather. On each feather, write or draw something you’re thankful for. Put all the feathers together to create a thankful turkey that can be displayed every year!
- A Place at the Table: Kids love getting involved in setting the table for holiday meals. This year, let them decorate their own place setting! They can use crayons, markers, stickers, or whatever they like to make their plate and utensils unique. Not only will this add some fun flair to your mealtime conversation, but it’ll also give kids a sense of pride knowing they helped out.
- I Spy With My Little Eye: This classic game is perfect for car rides or waiting for that delicious Thanksgiving dinner. Make things festive by creating your own Thanksgiving I SPY! Select Thanksgiving-themed items like pumpkins, pilgrims, leaves and so much more to your game. As an added twist, see who can spot the most items beginning with each letter of the alphabet!
- Give Thanks Charades: This game is played just like regular charades, but with a Thanksgiving twist! Instead of acting out movie titles or song lyrics, try giving clues for things you’re thankful for like “grandma’s cooking” or “being able to spend time with family.” Charades is always a hit with kids and adults alike!
This Thanksgiving let’s create new traditions that focus on being kind and giving thanks for all we have been blessed with. These five activities are sure to get your whole family involved in the holiday spirit! From scavenger hunts to decorating their own place setting, these activities will show your kids just how special give thanks day can be!
Thanksgiving is the PERFECT time to invite your family and friends to our upcoming Winter Performances!
Tickets for our dance Winter Showcase, Music Recital or Drama production of the Wizard of Oz are on sale NOW! Click the link below and purchase tickets for your loved ones to share in the season today!