The Academy of Performing Arts © 2023 – All Rights Reserved
Dance, Music, & Theatre are cornerstones of the performing arts; and we offer all three at The Academy of Performing Arts (APA), in Oak Creek and Franklin, Wisconsin!
At APA, students with a desire for further arts enrichment and a truly well-rounded performing arts education are invited to enter our “Accelerated Performing Artists” program!
This program consists of APA students who dedicate themselves to taking classes in all three of our foundational programs: Dance, Music, & Theatre.
Which APA Classes Fit Into The 3 Categories?
- Dance: Group Recreational Dance Classes or Competitive/Technical Dance class or teams.
- Music: Private Music lessons, or group Tiny Tunes, Glee Pop Choir/Jr, Music Jr., or Musical Theatre/Jr
- Theater: Drama/Jr, Musical Theatre/Jr class, or a full-semester Musical/Play (*The 6 Week Summer musical does not count).
How Do I Enter This Program?
Students who are enrolled in classes in all three APA programs for at least 5 months (at least half of a full 10-month school year session / a full Fall or Spring Session *excluding summer*), are eligible for this program.
Our staff will do our best to notify students who already meet these requirements, and to track students as they do meet them. But, if you know you are enrolling in a class that would move you into the program, please notify us so we are sure to give your student the appropriate recognition!
What Does My Student Gain From The “Accelerated Performing Artists” Program?
Students who participate in this program will not only receive the benefit of a well-rounded performing arts education, they will also receive the following benefits:
- A multiclass discount off your APA tuition of 20% off your second class and 30% off your third class! *excludes private lessons & musicals/plays*
- An APA “Accelerated Performing Artists” program sweatshirt (first year!) and other merch!
- An APA “Accelerated Performing Artists” program trophy @ Year 1, Year 3, & Year 5 of the Program, and up as we continue to grow!
- Students completing their senior year of primary education will receive a Letter of Recommendation from the APA instructor of their choice! The student can use this for college applications, work resumes, and portfolios. Please contact us if you’d like us to reach out to a teacher for a letter for you!
- Recognition on the web, APA social media pages, and other academy announcements!
Recognition/acknowledgment of students, who were eligible participants in the program throughout the school year, is made at the Spring showcase!
Want To Join The Program?
If you think that your student is already meeting the requirements of this program, or you would like to enroll in another class so that they can participate, please let us know!
Email [email protected] to discuss this, or with any questions!
Want to look at some classes? Visit our dance or music class pages below!
*Please note that registration for group classes is only open during specific times throughout the year (private lesson registration is always open). Registration typically opens at the beginning of September, and closes in the Fall on October 15th. Then, reopens for the Spring session at beginning of January, and closes again on or about February 15th.